31 July 2007

Cannoli Siciliani!

These cannoli are only made fresh and available on Sunday in Corleone, unless they are specially ordered. I don't think I have ever tasted such a delicious cannolo--probably one of the best uses for ricotta made from sheep's milk which is strongly flavoured and odourous. If cannoli are not eaten within hours of being filled the shell becomes less crunchy and delicious. Within the sweetened ricotta cream a few pieces of candied orange and lemon peels are hidden. The shells were so dark I suspect either cocoa or cinnamon were used. If you ever visit Corleone, do not leave without tasting one of these!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy!

7:05 AM  
Blogger DANIELLE said...

Looks amazing!

8:02 AM  
Blogger paulachi said...

yes my name is paula madonia my father was paul sal madonia his parents were ida and charles madonia sicilian can u help me trace family tree mybe we are related i am 60 yr old n still try to trace fmily thks paula

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look so good. I have made cannoli before, but they did not look like that.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home